introduction
Many of you know how the Todd Family feels about journeys. We try to keep an eternal destination always in view, while focusing on finding joy in the way we choose to get there. We are so grateful for the knowledge we have about where we want to ultimately be... in the presence of a loving Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, who made it possible for us to achieve that destination. We have been sent to this earth to see if we can reach our potential, becoming all that Heavenly Father wants us to be. Sometimes the journey back to our Heavenly home takes us through wide, gentle paths and sometimes the road is treacherous and unknown. Regardless, we feel that with every step we take, we should be looking for the beauty around us... learning from our fellow sojourners and relying on the maps that were provided to us to get through. Sometimes it is easy to happily skip along, but often we struggle, wondering if we will make it, and recognizing in the end that we can do hard things that we would have not previously thought possible. These are often the stretches of road that bring the most joy... the difficult ones. We have recently found ourselves on “a road less traveled” and, since we can’t turn around, we have decided to find joy in the opportunity to go there... to become better for having trod this new path. We hope that none of you will have to take this route, and can instead experience the vistas through us as you follow this blog. Here we go... Remember to enjoy the journey!
Derek, the strength comes from an incredible wife and family and faith. On Jan. 31 I put this on my facebook page: I was reminded today of how precious our lives are. Please, bring close to you the people that you love. Let them know you love them. Celebrate fully that you have another day to live. Be kind. Let the little things go. Focus on what is important. You can only move forward - do it as best as you can.
ReplyDeleteThis is a huge process to learn. Thank you Derek and family for being the light that brings us the clarity to what being on this earth is all about! Though you know few of the people in Anchorage that are praying for you and your family, know that you are loved and cared for. Anita, Al and Wyatt
Well . . . I don't know where to start. First--and foremost--I am so glad to hear the surgery went well and Derek is home.
ReplyDeleteThe news of Derek's cancer was such a shock. I sat stunned in front of my computer screen for I don't know how long. I don't have a good poker face, so everyone entering my office for the rest of the day today knew something was very wrong.
So, Derek, you can feel good knowing that many, many people in Renton still love you and are very concerned and are wishing you all the best and praying for you.
I understand they love you in Lehi, and I'm anxious to hear what they have decided, or what you have decided, or if you've even had time to figure out what to decide.
I will get in touch via phone tomorrow. For now, you all are in our prayers!
Jay, Sharee and Cody Covington
So glad you're home Derek!
ReplyDelete